Surely you have heard of them, and if not, soon, you will see that different media will echo them. They were established at the United Nations General Assembly in September 2015, in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, an action plan in favor of people, the planet and prosperity, which also intends to strengthen universal peace. and access to justice.
The member states of the United Nations adopted a resolution in which they recognize that the greatest challenge in the world today is the eradication of poverty and affirm that without achieving it, there can be no sustainable development.
Below we list what they are and what each one of them pursues:
- Eradicate poverty in all its forms throughout the world.
- End hunger, achieve food security and better nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture.
- Guarantee a healthy life and promote well-being for everyone at all ages.
- Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education, and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
- Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
- Ensure the availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
- Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
- Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment, and decent work for all.
- Develop resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization, and foster innovation.
- Reduce inequalities between and within countries.
- Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
- Guarantee sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- Take urgent action to combat climate change and its effects.
- Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources to achieve sustainable development.
- Protect, restore and promote the sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification and halt and reverse land degradation, and halt the loss of biological diversity.
- Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all, and create effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
- Strengthen the means of implementation and reignite the global partnership for sustainable development.
From our point of view, the arrival of the pandemic has jeopardized the achievement of the vast majority. That is why we consider it necessary for the media to talk about them, because despite the current situation of health and economic crisis, the impulse to achieve these goals must be extended and supported by street citizens for their achievement.
A few years ago an expert on the subject came to the university where she studied and this point of view that I present here is the one that she particularly defended.
If each one puts his grain of sand, no matter how small, many grains in the end manage to become an important mass capable of achieving their ends without the political color that governs them being able to prevent them from achieving them.
The UN is made up of an enormous immensity of colors, beliefs, political and social diversity, if they manage to unite to meet the established Goals it will be wonderful, but this does not prevent citizens, without waiting for this to happen, from gaining ground and achieving guarantee the future.